3D rendering has gone a long-long way from being restricted to the gaming industry only. Today it has become a strong pillar of modern designing and powers the wheels of several verticals ranging from interior designing to marketing, architecture, and gaming.
3D rendering is the topmost visualization tool that helps designers or architects to communicate their ideas on authentic and colorful adventures. However, for many, it has been a mystery as still, people are not familiar with it. The concept of 3D rendering is vast, but simultaneously, if executed right, it can provide the mesmerizing reward of architectural visualization of the outcome before actually going through the constructive phase.
Let us put some shine on it and take a tour of everything you need to know about 3D rendering and its role in modern designing.
What is 3D rendering?
3D rendering refers to a process of transforming the information into a realistic architectural visualization. A 3D rendering involves a perfect combination of strategizing, software utilization, and artistry designing.
3D rendering includes all the processes that a computer utilizes to transform raw information into a 3D visualization. Alone, nothing can work well as it requires the perfect blend of everything ranging from strategizing to implementation and deliveries.
Which Software do we use to do 3D rendering?
Generating fully realized 3D images requires Software popularly known as 3D rendering software or 3D rendering tool. These tools come with several features that help streamline the 3D model’s building and efficiently complete the whole rendering process. A few software are available for free, but the majority of them are the paid ones.
There are plenty of such rendering tools available in the market, but not all the tools are the same. They differ in several aspects, including rendering features, settings complexity, and many more. Most essentially, every tool comes with a different library, and in some of the tools, you will find these libraries stacked up with thousands of models, textures, and materials.
Therefore, this is the reason why it is essential to know the difference between them. Everything needs to be noticed how they proceed with the whole process, and every aspect to be figured out carefully. It would be best to focus on everything, as choosing a less powerful rendering tool can make the whole process unnecessarily lengthy and complicated.
But do you know about the Software that architects frequently use? We are sure that you must know one or two only but the often used software include:
1. V-ray: V-ray is among the best rendering tools in the market that comes with a powerful library and all the essential features required to create stunningly beautiful 3D visuals.
2. Blender: Blender remains at the top place when searching for a reliable and free rendering tool. It has an intuitive user interface with abundant features making it a strong tool in the market.
3. Maxwell: Maxwell is an amazing 3D rendering tool that you can learn using in no time and doesn’t even lack in offering the required features despite being free Software.
Now that you are familiar with the popular Software or tools often used for rendering, it is essential to have appropriate knowledge of hardware.
All about hardware!
When it comes to 3D rendering and hardware, there are a few things that you need to know. Before moving further, firstly, you need to know that there are two types of 3D rendering.
One is GPU rendering. The term GPU rendering refers to real-time addressing and CPU. In this type, you need a processor to complete your 3D rendering task. Both GP and CPU have the same. However, they do not deliver the same results.
GPU rendering powers the video games and enables the users to experience the 3D renders instantly. It is lightning fast and comes at a cost but cannot efficiently render the complex lighting algorithms and texture data.
That is where the CPU rendering comes into the picture. CPU rendering can significantly run complex operations. It takes more time to complete a 3D rendering task but is well known for delivering more accurate renders. The CPU can run the tough texture or lighting data efficiently and accurately.
This is why CPU renders look for more photorealistic solutions that cannot be said for the GPU renders at least.
At last, a storage device plays a crucial role. A hard disk drive is a legacy solution, but their performance is obstructed due to some of the nuances in their original designs. This is the reason why their counterpart that is Solid State Drive is taking it over.
Solid State Drive comes with excellent read and writing speeds that take the whole rendering process to another level. However, most of the top workstations use Solid State Drives today.
Apart from the architecture field only, several industries use 3D rendering. Do you want to know about it? Let us take a look at it.
Industries using 3D rendering
1. Architecture: Earlier, it was unimaginable to think of architecture other than relating with pen and paper only during the design process. It was the default connection of pen and paper with architecture. Who’d have thought of such advancement in technology that has drastically changed the whole scenario?
All thanks to the 3D technology, the design process in architecture can be done using the rendering process. With this, the architecture models are now more accurate and have made communication with clients even easier. The architecture industry has benefited the most from it.
2. Interior Designing: Though, the case with the interior designing field is somewhat similar to the architecture field. The 3D rendering process makes the interior designing process more presentable and easy to understand and implement.
3. Gaming: Gaming and 3D technology go hand in hand. The success of the first 3D game, namely Battlezone, has made the 3D technology an inseparable part of the gaming industry and has never put a foot back in presenting realistic results in real-time.
4. Real Estate: When it comes to using 3D rendering services, the Real Estate industry is no different than the other industries utilizing the tools to produce unbelievable and eye-appealing results.
In this field, portraying the whole concept to the clients to convey the story in a better way is essential, and that is why this technology plays a crucial role in this industry. It is a better way of conveying what the project offers and how the final output looks like while providing the possession to the clients.
5. Marketing: Marketing is one of the fastest developing verticals, and coming to the 3D renders concerning marketing, they are becoming a dominant ad content in outdoor hoarding and digital marketing.
However, the reason behind it is very simple that it provides more realistic images and contains more information than 2D. Also, there is one more essential thing to consider here. The 3D rendering use cases come with no limits.
Once the whole scene is set, you can export your entire 3D rendering in whatever format or size you need. You can use it for social media postings, blog posts, or paid ads, anywhere.
Though, with the increasing trend of 3D rendering, you will find plenty of 3D rendering service providers trying to pitch clients with their rendering solutions. But before choosing someone, you need to understand the difference between a good or bad rendering.
Choosing a bad one will make you suffer a lot and can drastically affect the whole outcome. To make it clear for you, let us dig into the concept of distinguishing good from bad rendering.
How to distinguish?
The 3D rendering is the final stage of the whole 3D creation, and the outcome depends on the quality of the scene, including the information, material, texture, lighting, and rendering settings. Not every render will produce the same results. You need to figure out the differences that are essential to note while considering a good service over an average one.
- A good 3D rendering will make the render look photorealistic. This means everything ranging from material, objects, textures, lighting, and every factor must appear natural and eye-appealing. In contrast, a lousy rendering will produce artificial colorings, odd proportions, and poor composition.
- Details play a crucial role that marks a huge difference between a good and a lousy render. A good render will indicate a lot of more information and add real impact to it. It includes detailing everything that makes the whole design easily understandable, whereas a lousy one will lack any of the factors.
- A good 3D render tells a story that can invoke emotions. Whenever you look at a good 3D render, you will feel the comfort, warmth, and relaxation it offers, whereas a lousy one lacks it all.
Hiring a reliable 3D rendering artist!
Are you planning to hire a 3D rendering artist for your new project? Make sure you find a reliable one as many will offer the services, but only a few will offer the reliable one. The term reliability includes everything essential concerning it, such as high-quality outcomes, top-notch services, and designs that exceed client’s expectations.
To check on the reliability, you can verify the service provider’s profile and ratings from the previous clients. Spare some time to read their previous client’s comments and feedback. Their feedback has a lot more to say than just their opinions.
Take advantage of real portfolios uploaded by the service providers. The service providers upload their best and rich portfolios that put you in a unique position to see their delivered projects.
Each artist follows a unique approach to create realistic artistic designs; you need to figure out which one serves the best as per your expectations. You should check out whether it matches your requirements or not.
We hope that this blog has helped you understand the whole concept well and what you need to check on to find a good one for you as you know that the trend of 3D rendering services is ever-increasing, and people are counting on it more.
Industries are utilizing the trend well to pitch clients and understand the services they are offering. However, at the same time, it is essential to understand the requirement of choosing a rendering service and how to figure out the best one for you.
Many will offer you the rendering services, but only a few of them will be reliable ones. Make sure you pay a bit more attention to it.